Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why change?

I'm going out on a limb with this one but I'd like to say that not alot of people like change.

They want to feel comfortable with what they've got going on.


New? eh, no thanks.
um... how about new? uh, no thanks.
Out with the New, Stay with the Old!

This is a mindset that has always bugged me whether it deals with the church or just people in general. It's one of the few things that aggravates me.


But...


I hate change too! So now what?

What made me realize this is the fact that Facebook just changed it's layout and I freaked out about it and I currently hate it. And when it was changed a couple months ago, I hated that because it was different.

So, I have to say that I can somewhat see where people are coming from with being comfortable with the way things are in life whether it be school, work, church, etc.

It's strange because while I really love change, I detest it. I guess it just depends on the situation.

3 comments:

jendakerr said...

Speaking of change... I do really like the background change.. unlike the one on my worship blog... you rock the backgrounds..my friend!

phreedumb004 said...

I don't think you're going out on a limb at all. I think it's in human nature to cling to routine and run from change. We are creatures of habit. That's why we chose the same seat to sit at in a classroom all semester long. Your Facebook example was perfect. There are exceptions to this rule, just as there are to most. Some people, I call them fly by the wind people, need change - they literally can't live without it. One month they're a surfer on Long Beach, the next month they are leading a group of tourists up a mountain on a hike somewhere in Colorado. Have you ever known someone like that? Also, we get tired of things, "Time to get a new car," or "I need a new wardrobe." I'm the same way man, except I get tired of having no change and either decide to live with it because its worth it, or I do something drastic. Great blog!

lindaz6782 said...

I hate change... but I need change or I get bored and slowly die until I make some sort of drastic change that almost ruins my life. Then God gets to pick me back up again. :-)

Post a Comment